Division | Long Division with Two-Digit Divisors
Long Division with Two-Digit Divisors Lesson Workbook
10 Step-by-Step Math Lessons | Special Education Math Intervention | Fifth Grade Math Level
This Long Division with Two-Digit Divisors lesson workbook includes an example IEP goal, 10 step-by-step math lessons, a review and assessment. This evidence-based math intervention is tied to fifth grade standards and is great for special education math goals and tier 2 small group math interventions (RTI).
This workbook begins with lessons addressing two prerequisite skills: rounding (to estimate) and horizontal multiplication. Lessons cover problems with 1- and 2-digit quotients as well as what to do when estimated answers are too large or small.
These sequential lessons are easy to teach, with enough material for 2 weeks of instruction!
Click Here to Preview
(Preview PDF will automatically download to your computer. If it doesn't open, you may need to find it in your downloads folder.)
This PDF Download Includes:
2 Weeks of Instruction
Students Will Be Able To:
- Round to the nearest 10
- Multiply horizontally with carrying
- Estimate before dividing
- Divide 2-digits into 2- and 3-digits with 1-digit quotients
- Divide 2-digits into 3- and 4-digits with 2-digit quotients
- Divide when estimates are incorrect (and adjust to correct)
Lessons Are Tied to This Fifth Grade Math Standard:
- Find whole-number quotients of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two-digit divisors (CCSS 5.NBT.B.6)
❤️ “Finally - a resource to help sequentially teach long division for students who process a bit more slowly. Lots of practice pages to help them develop concept." -Lyn T.
❤️ “I can not say enough amazing things about this resource! It was a lifesaver for my struggling students!" -Ashley B.
❤️ “FABULOUS! Everything is broken down and explained. Great visuals, organization, plenty of practice pages! A go-to resource!" -Wendy R.
❤️ “Oh my! This is the best resource for teaching division to identified students or struggling students. This one resource finally made teaching division to a select group of students doable! I finally felt successful and better yet they did too!" -Way in the Back
❤️ “This was the perfect resource to help struggling students. Thank you!" -April H.
❤️ “Worked perfectly for my student with Autism." -Amy J.
❤️ “This is an excellent workbook. I've bought many math workbooks from this seller and they are AMAZING!" -Ruff Resources
❤️ “This has been a life saver. I use it in a small group and also as homework." -Stephanie H.
❤️ “If you are looking for a resource that PERFECTLY scaffolds in a simple, kid-friendly way, look no further. This resource is the be-all, end-all for learning new math concepts. I wish this seller made the entire K-12 curriculum. INCREDIBLY DONE! An EXCELLENT resource!" -Jennifer D.
❤️ “The structured, predictable format that breaks down concepts into small discrete steps was perfect for differentiation in my mainstream 4/5 classroom." -Lara H.
❤️ “My autistic rising 5th grader does so well with this curriculum. He understands how to do the work the way this is laid out. We are now using this as supplemental work to his math curriculum for extra needed practice." -Viola P.
❤️ “Your math interventions have been a lifesaver for my students, their gen ed teachers, and me! No more spending hours trying to find work that meets their needs and aligns to what is happening in the classroom." -Kimberly D.
❤️ “Excellent resource for my math resource class. I appreciate the number of questions on a page, which prevents my students from becoming immediately overwhelmed. Perfect for task analysis and I wish I found this resource sooner!" -Baudelina A.
View More Multiplication and Division Workbooks
📘 This Resource is Also Found in These Discounted Bundles:
Not sure where to start?
Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources:
✰ Make math easier to understand.
- Help students over math hurdles with clear, sequential, scaffolded lessons.
- Prevent overwhelm. Build student confidence.
✰ Make math easier to teach.
- Save hours of planning and piecing together materials.
- Paraeducators can deliver quality instruction independently. Open & teach.
Reasons You'll Love Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources
- Boosts student confidence and progress
- Lightens teacher workload
- Time-saving: print and teach
- Easy prep: only black ink is needed
- Easy to teach, paraeducator-friendly
- Example IEP goals and shorter term objectives
- Consistent & predictable format
- Lots of practice repetitions
- Scaffolded with structured workspaces
- Fewer problems on a page, white space, minimal visual clutter
- Tied to standards
- Explicit/Direct instruction
- Systematic & sequential
- Mastery approach--teaching one topic at a time, one strategy at a time
- Lessons have "I Can" statements, model problems, guided practice, & independent practice
- Each workbook can be used individually as a stand-alone intervention for that skill or they can be used together, taking students from the basics of number sense and addition in first grade all the way to dividing fractions and decimals in fifth grade.
- Can also be used with older students (middle & high school) to help fill the gaps in their learning.
About the Author
Hi! I am a Special Education & Title 1 teacher interested in task analysis. My resources break tasks into small and explicit steps, reducing cognitive load for learners so they can feel successful and confident rather than overwhelmed and reluctant to try. I strive to lighten the workload of teachers by making resources as practical and easy-to-use as possible. I sincerely hope my work can benefit you and your students.
I appreciate your support and feedback.
Copyright © Angela Dansie, All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. You may not put this product on the internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. If you want to share this resource with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.