Multiplication | One-Digit by Multi-Digit Numbers
Multiplying One-Digit by Multi-Digit Numbers Lesson Workbook
32 Step-by-Step Math Lessons | Special Education Math Intervention | Fourth Grade Math Level
This Multiplying One-Digit by Two- Three- and Four-Digit Numbers (with word problems) lesson workbook includes an example IEP goal, 32 step-by-step multiplication lessons, reviews and assessments. This evidence-based math intervention is tied to fourth grade standards and is great for special education math goals and tier 2 small group math interventions (RTI).
These sequential lessons are easy to teach, with enough material for 7 weeks of instruction!
These lessons thoroughly and sequentially cover the progression from 1x2-digit numbers with no regrouping all the way to 1x4-digit numbers with regrouping.
Click Here to Preview
(Preview PDF will automatically download to your computer. If it doesn't open, you may need to find it in your downloads folder.)
This PDF Download Includes:
7 Weeks of Instruction
Students Will Be Able To:
- One-digit by two-digits, no regrouping
- One-digit by three-digits, no regrouping
- One-digit by four-digits, no regrouping
- One-digit by two-digits, with regrouping
- One-digit by three-digits, with regrouping
- One-digit by three-digits, with a zero in the tens place
- One-digit by four-digits, with regrouping
- One-digit by multi-digit multiplication, rewrite problems vertically
- One-digit by multi-digit multiplication word problems
Lessons Are Tied to This Fourth Grade Math Standard:
- Multiply a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit whole number (CCSS 4.NBT.B.5)
❤️ “This unit is perfect for my 4th grade resource math students because it breaks down the skill into parts and does not overwhelm them with additional skills or mixed practice. This really allows me to target the strategy and provide students with a lot of practice. The visuals are also very clean and not distracting." -Elissa R.
❤️ “The structured, predictable format that breaks down concepts into small discrete steps was perfect for differentiation in my mainstream 4/5 classroom." -Lara H.
❤️ “Your math resources have been excellent in filling in the gaps the curriculum we are given has. My students have really mastered the content after these lessons." -Sarah A.
❤️ “This product provides an extensive collection of math intervention materials. My students have demonstrated growth since I began using this. I would highly recommend." -Jacob K.
❤️ “As a special ed teacher who provides push-in support to students at a variety of levels, your math interventions have been a lifesaver this year! I'm able to pinpoint where to start my kids, can easily align it to the standards, and I don't end up spending hours sifting through websites online trying to find math work that will fit my kids' needs. Thank you!" -Kimberly D.
❤️ “This was very helpful to send home with my students who had to quarantine for 2 weeks. It was easy for them to understand, and they were still able to access the content we were covering in class!" -B-Squad Bookworms
❤️ “Great simple method for teaching multiplication to special learners." -Nova F.
❤️ “I used this packet as a third grade enrichment and the students were SOO excited!" -Amanda D.
❤️ “This really helped my students who were struggling!" -Jarah L.
View More Multiplication and Division Workbooks
📘 This Resource is Also Found in These Discounted Bundles:
Not sure where to start?
Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources:
✰ Make math easier to understand.
- Help students over math hurdles with clear, sequential, scaffolded lessons.
- Prevent overwhelm. Build student confidence.
✰ Make math easier to teach.
- Save hours of planning and piecing together materials.
- Paraeducators can deliver quality instruction independently. Open & teach.
Reasons You'll Love Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources
- Boosts student confidence and progress
- Lightens teacher workload
- Time-saving: print and teach
- Easy prep: only black ink is needed
- Easy to teach, paraeducator-friendly
- Example IEP goals and shorter term objectives
- Consistent & predictable format
- Lots of practice repetitions
- Scaffolded with structured workspaces
- Fewer problems on a page, white space, minimal visual clutter
- Tied to standards
- Explicit/Direct instruction
- Systematic & sequential
- Mastery approach--teaching one topic at a time, one strategy at a time
- Lessons have "I Can" statements, model problems, guided practice, & independent practice
- Each workbook can be used individually as a stand-alone intervention for that skill or they can be used together, taking students from the basics of number sense and addition in first grade all the way to dividing fractions and decimals in fifth grade.
- Can also be used with older students (middle & high school) to help fill the gaps in their learning.
About the Author
Hi! I am a Special Education & Title 1 teacher interested in task analysis. My resources break tasks into small and explicit steps, reducing cognitive load for learners so they can feel successful and confident rather than overwhelmed and reluctant to try. I strive to lighten the workload of teachers by making resources as practical and easy-to-use as possible. I sincerely hope my work can benefit you and your students.
I appreciate your support and feedback.
Copyright © Angela Dansie, All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. You may not put this product on the internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. If you want to share this resource with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.