Decimals: Add, Subtract, Multiply & Divide
Adding and Subtracting Decimals, Multiplying and Dividing Decimals, Decimal Word Problems
23 Step-by-Step Math Lessons | Special Education Math Intervention | Fifth Grade Math Level
This Adding and Subtracting Decimals and Multiplying and Dividing Decimals lesson workbook includes an example IEP goal, 23 step-by-step math lessons, reviews and assessments. This evidence-based math intervention is tied to fifth grade standards and is great for special education math goals and tier 2 small group math interventions (RTI).
These sequential lessons are easy to teach, with enough material for 5+ weeks of instruction!
This lesson workbook covers decimal addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division. Decimal numbers go to the tenths and hundredths places. Scripted model problems make it easy to teach clear, sequential lessons. Skills are introduced incrementally. Before beginning these lessons, I recommend students complete “Decimal Basics: Read, Write, Compare, and Round”.
Click Here to Preview
(Preview PDF will automatically download to your computer. If it doesn't open, you may need to find it in your downloads folder.)
This PDF Download Includes:
3 Reviews3 Tests
5+ Weeks of Instruction
Students Will Be Able To:
Add and Subtract Decimals
- Add and subtract numbers to the same decimal place
- Write equivalent decimals to add and subtract
- Rewrite problems vertically by lining up the decimal points
- Add a whole number and mixed decimal
- Subtract a decimal from a whole number
- Add three decimal numbers
- Solve word problems involving adding and subtracting decimals
Multiply and Divide Decimals
- Multiply decimals and place the decimal point in the product correctly
- Multiply decimals by 10 and 100
- Divide a decimal by a whole number
- Divide a whole number by a whole number; show the remainder as a decimal.
- Divide and round off answers to the nearest tenth or hundredth.
- Divide when the divisor is a decimal.
- Solve word problems involving multiplying and dividing decimal numbers.
Lessons Are Tied to These Standards:
Fifth Grade CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NBT.B.7
Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to hundredths, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method and explain the reasoning used.
Fifth Grade CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NBT.A.2
Explain patterns in the number of zeros of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10, and explain patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10.
Sixth Grade CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.6.NS.B.3
Fluently add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using the standard algorithm for each operation.
View More Decimal Workbooks
📘 This Resource is Also Found in These Discounted Bundles:
Not sure where to start?
Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources:
✰ Make math easier to understand.
- Help students over math hurdles with clear, sequential, scaffolded lessons.
- Prevent overwhelm. Build student confidence.
✰ Make math easier to teach.
- Save hours of planning and piecing together materials.
- Paraeducators can deliver quality instruction independently. Open & teach.
Reasons You'll Love Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources
- Boosts student confidence and progress
- Lightens teacher workload
- Time-saving: print and teach
- Easy prep: only black ink is needed
- Easy to teach, paraeducator-friendly
- Example IEP goals and shorter term objectives
- Consistent & predictable format
- Lots of practice repetitions
- Scaffolded with structured workspaces
- Fewer problems on a page, white space, minimal visual clutter
- Tied to standards
- Explicit/Direct instruction
- Systematic & sequential
- Mastery approach--teaching one topic at a time, one strategy at a time
- Lessons have "I Can" statements, model problems, guided practice, & independent practice
- Each workbook can be used individually as a stand-alone intervention for that skill or they can be used together, taking students from the basics of number sense and addition in first grade all the way to dividing fractions and decimals in fifth grade.
- Can also be used with older students (middle & high school) to help fill the gaps in their learning.
About the Author
Hi! I am a Special Education & Title 1 teacher interested in task analysis. My resources break tasks into small and explicit steps, reducing cognitive load for learners so they can feel successful and confident rather than overwhelmed and reluctant to try. I strive to lighten the workload of teachers by making resources as practical and easy-to-use as possible. I sincerely hope my work can benefit you and your students.
I appreciate your support and feedback.
Copyright © Angela Dansie, All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. You may not put this product on the internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. If you want to share this resource with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.