Fact Fluency | Addition & Subtraction
Mastering Addition & Subtraction Facts
Addition & Subtraction Fact Fluency: Timed Tests, Flashcards, & Games
Special Education Math Intervention | First Grade Math Level
This Addition and Subtraction Fact Fluency resource includes timed tests, flashcards, and games to supplement the lesson workbook: Add & Subtract Numbers to 10. I recommend introducing addition timings and activities into your routine after students have reached the “Sums to 10 Quiz” in the lesson workbook.
Click Here to Preview
(Preview PDF will automatically download to your computer. If it doesn't open, you may need to find it in your downloads folder.)
This PDF Download Includes:
19 Leveled Timings
17 Cumulative Reviews
Students Will Be Able To:
- Add numbers to 9 fluently
- Subtract fluently within 10
First Grade Math: Add and subtract within 20, demonstrating fluency for addition and subtraction within 10. (CCSS 1.OA.C.6)
❤️ “These worked great for my struggling second graders. It wasn't overwhelming for them as there weren't too many problems on a page. Plus they loved the game too!" -Jenna R.
❤️ “Works great to build on fluency mastery. I also love how it has the touchpoints on the numbers for those kiddos who use that method." -Kelsie L.
View More Addition and Subtraction Workbooks
📘 This resource is also found in these discounted bundles:
Not sure where to start?
Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources:
✰ Make math easier to understand.
- Help students over math hurdles with clear, sequential, scaffolded lessons.
- Prevent overwhelm. Build student confidence.
✰ Make math easier to teach.
- Save hours of planning and piecing together materials.
- Paraeducators can deliver quality instruction independently. Open & teach.
Reasons You'll Love Step-by-Step Math to Mastery™ Resources
- Boosts student confidence and progress
- Lightens teacher workload
- Time-saving: print and teach
- Easy prep: only black ink is needed
- Easy to teach, paraeducator-friendly
- Example IEP goals and shorter term objectives
- Consistent & predictable format
- Lots of practice repetitions
- Scaffolded with structured workspaces
- Fewer problems on a page, white space, minimal visual clutter
- Tied to standards
- Explicit/Direct instruction
- Systematic & sequential
- Mastery approach--teaching one topic at a time, one strategy at a time
- Lessons have "I Can" statements, model problems, guided practice, & independent practice
- Each workbook can be used individually as a stand-alone intervention for that skill or they can be used together, taking students from the basics of number sense and addition in first grade all the way to dividing fractions and decimals in fifth grade.
- Can also be used with older students (middle & high school) to help fill the gaps in their learning.
About the Author
Hi! I am a Special Education & Title 1 teacher interested in task analysis. My resources break tasks into small and explicit steps, reducing cognitive load for learners so they can feel successful and confident rather than overwhelmed and reluctant to try. I strive to lighten the workload of teachers by making resources as practical and easy-to-use as possible. I sincerely hope my work can benefit you and your students.
I appreciate your support and feedback.
Copyright © Angela Dansie, All rights reserved. This product is to be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. You may not put this product on the internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. If you want to share this resource with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use only.